Catharanthus roseus is a ligneous plant that grows up to 30-100 cm high. It completely was already specified called Vinca roseus and unremarkably called red periwinkle1. Catharanthus roseus is a vital healthful plant of the family Apocynaceae that contains a virtual profusion of helpful alkaloids, employed in polygenic disorder, vital signs, asthma, constipation, and cancer drawback2.
Catharanthus roseus is a perennial herb mature commercially for its healthful uses in Bharat, Australia, Africa, and Southern Europe. It contains over seventy alkaloids, largely of indole sort. Alkaloids, curving, and Rau-Sed area unit standard for hypotensive and medicinal drug properties3.
Nanotechnology is required to be the premise of numerous technological advancements in the 21st century. Innovative work in this field is developing quickly all through the world. A major output of this activity is the advancement of new materials in the nanometer scale, including nanoparticles. These are typically characterized as particulate materials with no less than one measurement of under 100 nanometers (nm), even the particles could be zero measurements on account of quantum dots. Metal nanoparticles have been of incredible enthusiasm because of their distinctive features, for example, catalytic, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties4.
This work report is the fundamental and financially savvy green mix of zinc oxide nanoparticles from the effectively successfully available plant (Catharanthus roseus) gets out. The strength was expanded and the lethality was diminished by covering the nanoparticles with a hydrophilic polymer, polyvinyl, and pyrrolidone which is over a wide range of pH. This will likewise encourage the sustained release of Quercetin. The size of synthesized nanoparticles of leaves was approximately 0.183 nm and of flowers was 0.200 nm and in a hexagonal shape.
Due to the presence of different groups like Flavonoids, Alcohol, Ketones, carboxylic acid nanoparticles size showed in big size. Different techniques such as UV-visible spectrophotometer, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Zeta sizer potential analyzer, and X-ray Diffraction spectroscopy (XRD) were used for characterization5. These techniques helped to find out the size and shape of nanoparticles which were extracted from leaves and flowers of Catharanthus roseus having metal ions.
The sizes of the nanoparticles in various concentrations were additionally extraordinary which relies upon the decrease of metal particles. From the information of zeta sizer analyzer nanoparticles of around 50 to 100 nm and they had the capability of 89.29 and 96.28 nm in leaves and flowers respectively. From the technological perspective, these got zinc nanoparticles have potential applications in the biomedical field and this straightforward methodology has different focal points, for example, cost-effectiveness and with less time consumption.
The Biosynthesized ZnO-NPs were incredible enthusiasm due to their eco-neighborliness, monetary prospects, and possibility and Short time for blend might be extensive variety of uses in nano solution, catalysis prescription primarily for the pharmaceutical business for the advancement of new plans.
- Tiong, S.H., C.Y. Looi, H. Hazni, A. Arya and M. Paydar et al., 2013. Antidiabetic and antioxidant properties of alkaloids from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don. Molecules, 18: 9770-9784
- Sain, M., and V. Sharma, 2013. Catharanthus roseus (An anti-cancerous drug yielding plant). A review of potential yherapeutic properties. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci., 1: 139-142
- Klein, M., O. Griess, I.N. Pulidindi, N. Perkas and A. Gedanken, 2016. Bioethanol production from ficus religiosa leaves using microwave irradiation. J. Environ. Manage., 177: 20-25
- Mukunthan, K.S., E.K. Elumalai, T.N. Patel and V.R. Murty, 2011. Catharanthus roseus: A natural source for the synthesis of silver nanoparticles. Asian Pac. J. Trop. Biomed., 1: 270-274
- Kalpana, V.N. and V.D. Rajeswari, 2018. A review on green synthesis, biomedical applications, and toxicity studies of ZnO NPs. Bioinorganic Chem. Appl.
How to cite this article:
M. Mubbsher Hussain, Shazia Anwar Bukhari, Iqra Ayub and Aneeza Iqbal, 2020. Metallic Nano Formulation and Characterization of Catharanthus roseus Extract. Asian Journal of Emerging Research, 2(4): 184-185.